These are McCalls 5857, a pattern that’s been aging in the stacks for at least 2 years, possibly longer. The plan was to sew up several pair before the weather warmed up. Obviously, that never happened!
I used the pants sloper that I made at our ASG work shop back in February to adjust the fit. This meant that I could do the majority of the sewing without all the fitting and twiddly bits, until it came time to put on the waistband.
The fabric is a cotton twill from the local Big Box Craft Emporium. It was finished off-grain, so even pulling a thread across the width did not yield a true straight edge. OK for shorts; I would not have turned this fabric into pants – the legs would have skewed crooked.
The pockets are my usual leftover print. I put the label inside the pocket so the edges don’t even have an opportunity to scratch my skin. Simple Sewing. Shorts.