Another foray using materials I already have. I liked the hammered silver washers, but wasn’t at all sure how to use them. Then discovery set in.
I discovered: pressed glass squovals, large lapis beads and additional hammered silver coin beads. Tossing them all into a pile on the beading table created a nice tableaux, so I went to work.
The most difficult part was how to integrate the washers and the beads. I wasn’t terribly keen on wirework, and drilling holes was not an option. In the end, I just stitched seed bead loops.
This necklace has a nice heft to it. It hangs strongly against the wearer.