So, with the retirement of the Cat’s Pajamas, I went looking for a new nightshirt. Nothing worked. Most of the jammies the local stores carried were just not right – the fabric was too cheap or the style was too, dare I say it, young?
Anyway, while trolling through the fabrics at Emma One Sock I came across this lovely, and knew I had found what I was looking for.
I would sew my nightshirt.
It’s a digital print from the Netherlands, with the elephant on one side, and the zebra on the other. The fabric is a beefy cotton knit, with a touch of lycra to keep it stretchy.
One panel was just long enough to make a nightshirt – provided the binding and sleeves were cut from something else. There is plenty of white rayon knit in the stash that would work.
Style Arc’s Laura pattern then came to mind. The pattern has a yoke front and back, but I could easily merge those pieces, which I did. I omitted the center back seam too. No need to have a seam up my zebra!
I am unbelievably tickled with this sleepwear solution.