HotPatterns: Riviera Cote D’Azure Too

There was enough of the brushed knit left over from Vogue 8597 to make one more top.  Imagine that!

This one is the sleeveless version of the HotPatterns Riviera Cote D’Azure top.

Since I’ve made this one a couple times, the sewing was relatively simple.  Only real tweaks were adjusting the v neck so it wasn’t too low and lay flat.  But then, I always have to do that on this top.

It will be a while (as in next year Spring) before this top is worn, but that’s OK.  I’ll have something new to look forward to when the weather warms up.

Advertisements

Vogue 8597

One of my TnT patterns, made up in more of the swoonfully delicious brushed poly knit.

Since I’ve made the top before, it was simple sewing, some on the serger and some with straight stitching.

There’s a seam down the outside of the sleeve that I always straight stitch, as I don’t like the extra bulk from serging.

The cowl neck is most welcome with the cooler weather.

Hot Patterns: Tailored T

Yes, tis true, the weather is getting cooler here.  That said, this top was made a while back and is just now percolating to the top of the blog.

This is my fitting muslin, if you will, made from some lovely brushed poly knit.  Let me tell you, this fabric feels soooo wonderful – both to the hand and to the bod.

About the pattern:  overall, I like it, though on me it does run big.  And as a friend said to me “A t-shirt with darts?  You have darts?”  Yes, there are small fitting darts.

The yellow side part does not have a seam, so it joins front to back.  Not the best way to fit things, hence there’s a seam straight down the middle of both the front and back to make the top wearable.  I took in an inch with each one.

Rather than try a baby hem on the sleeves, I doubled them up with the yellow, so they are heavier, and the yellow pokes out the bottom.

Future changes?  I may take some width out of the sides as well, and work on the dart placement.  It’s not quite right, though with a knit the pointies are not obvious.  Or maybe remove it all together, as I am not so well endowed as to need darts.

While the top is currently out of rotation (see comment on weather above) it will get a lot of use next year.

Style Arc: La La Laura

The last of the pin-up fabric has finally found it’s pattern match!  Whew!

Not so much “Whew!” in construction, but more in terms of auditioning various patterns.  Trying to figure out which one would make the best use of the remaining fabric proved to be more work than I expected.

It didn’t help that I only had one full pin-up panel left!  Did I mention she was only printed down the center of the fabric?  Who wants to wear someone’s legs, with no head or torso?  Not I!

Digging through the accent knits – you know, those bits and pieces you keep because there’s no telling when they may come in handy.  Solids.  Polka dots.  Stripes.  Small prints.  Anyway, hiding down at the bottom of the bin was a black & white dot, which works perfectly.

Like the Kim Swing Top in this fabric, I added more sparkles to the girl, then some to the accent fabric.  While adding rhinestones not difficult, it was tiresome, as my able pawed assistants decided jumping to and from the table was the order of the day.

Scattered rhinestones everywhere!

Style Arc: Kaleidoscope Kim

Another quick sew, the Style Arc Kim swing top.  This one in a riotous kaleidoscope of colors.

Since I’ve made this top before, there’s were no fitting adjustments.  Sewn on the serger.  It took me longer to cut it out, since it’s cut single layer than it took to sew it.

It’s comfy.  It’s cool.  I’ll wear it with leggings.

Gardening Queen

While Grandmeow no long has the ability to garden, she still likes her sparkles.  On good days, she remembers her roses.

This design, courtesy of Urban Threads, I think (though I could no longer find it on their web site – it’s an old design) was just right for a summery salmon shirt (say that three times fast!).

A crown with leaves and roses, dressed up with rhinestones.

The only problem is every time I see it, the Abba song “Dancing Queen” starts running through my mind.  Aaaahhhh!

Sou’westerly

More replacement t-shirt stitching

Another one for Mom.

This design was a lot of fun to play with.  I altered the colors of the designs inside the bear. They’re difficult to see in this photo, but trust me, there’s lime green and hot pink and yellow.

No bling on the front, as it really didn’t need it.

There is another design on the back, so it’s as fancy coming as going.